show on map
The Chattahoochee Brick Plant originally stood on this site and operated from 1878 to until the 1970's or 80's. It was then operated as General Shale Brick - Chattahoochee Division until it was demolished in 2011.
Until 1908, they heavily employed convict labor under the convict lease system. Standard practice is alleged to have been to work laborers to death and then bury them in unmarked graves.
Brick produced by the company during this period was widely used to rebuild Atlanta after the Civil War.
Amid Debates About Memorials, Advocates Push To Remember Atlanta’s Forced Laborers
Wikipedia - Chattahoochee Brick Company
Coords: 33.808775 N -84.488177 W
GPX Downloads: Waypoint