Want to see more trails on this site?
Submit your data to email@example.com
The simplest thing to do is submit a link to data hosted online by a service like Garmin Connect or Strava, or at least sufficient information for me to find the data.
If you really want to make it easy for me, then you can send me GPX files, ESRI Shapefiles, or KML files.
I'll accept just about anything, but if you can do any of the following, it would be exceedingly helpful...
- Include each trail as a separate track.
- Include information about each trail, such as:
- trail name
- type (eg. single or double track, dirt or paved road, etc.)
- permitted trail users (eg. bikes, horses, ATV's, hikers)
- whether the trail is on public or private land
- whether the trail lies in a residential area
- If a trail has several sections, then split it into one track for each section. For example, a trail could start off as a paved road, turn into a gravel road, then become singletrack open to bikes and horses, then become an uninventoried trail open only to foot travel, and finally become overgrown. In a case like this, splitting the trail into 5 separate tracks would be helpful.
- Include any general information you have about the trails, such as:
- the name of the park or trail system
- nearby cities
- names and locations of nearby trailheads
- names and locations of nearby points of interest
Again, all of those things are just helpful, not required.